Monday, July 25, 2011

Thing #19: Comparing Wikis

I like Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki. Content looks useful and fresh. LoudounPedia link is down. The Blogging Libraries Wiki seems good for comparing and inspiring similar blogs. Sharing is good.

I think I learned that from a Muppet--likely Grover. Yes, I like the Muppet wiki as well as Wookieepedia and Uncyclopedia (possibly my favorite because it's indecentness heaped upon nonsense; see the entry for gold).

I don't feel compelled to create or "edit" a wiki. Leave well enough alone. Leave it to the authorities. I'll sit out the wikigame.

Can I see a potential use for a wiki in advancing the library’s mission? Maybe? I am not thinking large today. I see wikis useful here internally, but externally? My small mind is not making that giant leap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment